Saturday, July 09, 2005

LAURENT
  • I always think of this day when I think of the Goelette's of Ille au Coudre... there where many ... perhaps 14 wrecks on the island in rather good condition. The islanders burned them all, when the government of Canada refused grants to preserve them... ouch. There is likely more to the story than that, that is as much as I was told. Here is my model of the Amanda Transport sailing off Ille au Coudre pointing towards the Laurentian Mountains...
  • 1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like very much this picture of the AMANDA TRANSPORT'S model sailing on the St Lawrence river like te real one....It is too bas that she was destroyed because getting too dangerous, same as my grand father goƩlette G MONTCALM who was sitting on the beach on Saint Louis, I.aux Coudres. I am also a model builder...I like your model...she lack maybe a little bit of sheer, but it is not easy to builsd these boat as only a few had blue print..Bravo

    3:29 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home